Saturday, December 6, 2008

good morning.

so i have lots to say and this is a place i can do so w/out my real world peeking... more or less.

hmmm... i could jump into it, or i could introduce myself, or i could call the whole thing off n go clean my kitchen like i should be.

ambivalence enters the room and settles on my couch, drinking coffee and smirking.

mkay fine.. most of the people in my life- and perhaps some of you fine readers- have an understanding of who i am and where i come from and thats all well and good. what really matters is where i am now, though. and really the only way i can process all that is by writing. its just cheaper than therapy. but just like therapy, the trickiest part is knowing where to start.. theres just so many dang topics to choose from:

im starting a new career, one i have wanted to get into for years. it is a great story that very much deserves its own blog. not to mention my previous employment experiences are chock full of blogworthy bitchings..

i have a boyfriend whos very unlike any i have ever had before: decent. untainted by drugs, cigarrettes, and video poker. buys me cheese graters n flowers n never calls me names. he just likes his beer n football n runs a marathon or two a year. and yet..

i have two girls.. born ten years and one day apart, to the absolute minute. they have different dads (not my current partner). and different personalities too, tho sometimes i wonder if thats the result of genetics, or just the gemini in them. my oldest especially is worth her weight in blogging material.

my families of origin: there's some fun shit. did u catch the plural?? im adopted. from crazy people, by crazy people. i have a degree in psychology, i should know.


wellll fuckitol.. the kids are bickering and my kitchen is calling and we have to buy a tree today. but i will share one supergreat thing: i have tomorrow off too. in fact, its my FIRST sunday off in like two years. n thats just one of the bonuses of my new career: i only need one dang job now, how awesome is that??

so ya, i will be back. perhaps with more of a plan by then. i ddnt really research this shit when i started, so i hope i can do things like edit or whatever after i post this.




4 comments:

Cathy said...

Welcome!!

If I had been more clearheaded last night I would have suggested this instead of the other thing ;)

and yes, you can go back and edit. But you shouldn't edit this one - it's more real that way.

Cathy said...

And if you don't turn off word verification I might shoot myself ;)

a noni mouse said...

ummm. idk what word verification is.

Cathy said...

word verification is slightly less annoying than a captcha - you have it enabled which means readers have to take an extra step to leave a comment. and lazy readers like me will bitch about it ;)

to turn it off, go to settings, then comments...